Asheville’s first big plant sale of the season!
The 2017 Growin’ in the Mountains Spring Plant Sale will be Friday and Saturday, April 28 and 29, 9-5 at the WNC Farmers Market on Brevard Road in Asheville, NC.
Growing in the Mountains is sponsored by the Blue Ridge Horticultural Association of local, family-owned nurseries in the Southern Appalachian and Piedmont bioregions.
The Spring Sale is our biggest event of the season, featuring over 40 specialty nurseries from the Carolinas and Eastern Tennessee. The WNC Farmers Market is centrally located in the region and provides ample parking.
For more information, see our Facebook page.
This year’s vendors include:
- Appalachian Seeds Farm, Amy Hamilton, Lake Lure, NC
- Appeldoorn Landscape Nursery, Bruce Appeldoorn
- A+ Nursery, Chris Burrell, Greenville, SC
- Barry Farms, Russ & Karen Barry, Mills River, NC
- Big Frog Nursery, John Mize, Columbus, NC
- Big Pine Nursery, Dianne Tolman
- Blue Heron Farm, Susan Mallard, Leicester, NC
- Bluff Mountain, Danni Speight, Hot Springs, NC
- Butterfly Perennials, Sylvia Ward, Hendersonville, NC
- Carolina Wild, Christi Bruner, Anderson, SC
- Charles Street Garden, Walter Hoover, Saluda, NC
- Colonial Acres Nursery, Howard Paxton, Brevard, NC
- Doc’s Plants, Doc, Gray Court, SC
- Earthen Organics, Kristen Beigay, Easly, SC
- Finally Farm
- Hawkins Nursery, Gretta Hawkins, Travelers Rest, SC
- The Hickory Nut, Shari Cummings, Chimney Rock, NC
- High Country Nursery, Tom Ross, Fairview, NC
- Hogback Ridge Herb Farm, Frank Teneralli, Hot Springs, NC
- Kenny’s Perennials, Kenny Jackson, Asheville, NC
- Mountain Mist, Larry Mucci, Fairview, NC
- M R Gardens (Friday only)
- Mystic Farm, Susan & Chip Fink, Greenville, SC
- Nichols Nursery, Norman, Evelyn, Matt and Tim Nichols, East Flat Rock, NC
- Oliver Organics, Hal Oliver, Hendersonville, NC
- Red Wing Farm, Christopher Fielder, Asheville, NC
- Useful Plants Nursery, Chuck Marsh & Debbie Lienhart, Black Mountain, NC
Also Buncombe County Master Gardeners and Organic Growers School
Have breakfast, lunch or a snack with the Grateful Roots Food Truck!
Call for vendors
We are currently accepting vendor applications for plant nurseries, plant care products, landscapers, garden-related crafts, and a food vendor. Applications with payment are due by March 15, 2016. Late applications will be accepted while space remains.
To apply, download and complete the vendor application, and then mail it with your vendor fee to the address on the application.